Welcome to the application page for the Governor's School for Science & Mathematics. Please select the appropriate program application from our list below. If you have any questions or problems with your application, please contact us at email@example.com or 803.252.9152.
Select your program application:
Governor's School for Science & Mathematics
GSSM is a public residential high school for academically talented juniors and seniors from across SC. This is a two-year program and students can only apply prior to their junior year of high school.
- Be a current high school sophomore (Inquire about exceptions.)
- Be a legal resident of the state of South Carolina
- Have completed at least 10.5 credits (including Algebra I & II, Geometry, English I & II, a social studies and a lab science course) prior to attending GSSM
- Demonstrate emotional and mental maturity
Accelerate Virtual Engineering Program
Three-year virtual engineering program for 10th, 11th and 12th graders in school districts across the state. Applicants must:
- Be currently in 9th grade
- Attend school in one of our participating districts
Project successful completion of Algebra II Honors by the end of the
For more information on applying, contact Dr. Zaria O'Bryant, Accelerate Program Coordinator.
The Accelerate application is now closed.
GoSciTech Summer Camp Experience
Week-long residential summer camp on GSSM's Hartsville campus for rising 8th, 9th and 10th graders. Applicants must:
- Be currently in 7th, 8th or 9th grade
The GoSciTech application is now closed.
iTEAMS Summer Camp
Four-day summer day camp in counties across the state for rising 7th and 8th graders. Applicants must:
- Be currently in 6th or 7th grade
- Attend school in a participating district
The iTEAMS application is now closed.
CREATEng Summer Camp
Week-long summer day camp in the Upstate and Lowcountry for rising 8th & 9th graders. Applicants must:
- Be currently in 7th or 8th grade
The CREATEng application is now closed.