Inspiring Future Engineers!
In Summer 2014, the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics launched CREATEng, a new, one-of-a-kind, four-day immersion into engineering and design-based thinking for rising 8th & 9th graders in the Upstate and Lowcountry. Working in teams, students engage in a problem-based curriculum where they apply principles of engineering design to solve daily challenges.
- Compete in team-based, hands-on challenges such as building a bridge, designing blades for a wind turbine, or constructing a parachute
- Interact with engineers on-site and during field trips
- Learn innovative thinking techniques to solve practical problems
- Develop engineering skills: problem solving, teamwork, data analysis, communication and innovation
- Build creative confidence
Dates and Locations:
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM daily
2015 locations TBD
For more information:
Special thanks to our 2014 sponsors!
BMW Manufacturing Co.
Robert Bosch Company
The Jolley Foundation
CPM Federal Credit Union