Important Admissions Dates
Residential Application Open: October 1, 2021
Residential Application Priority Deadline: Feb. 15, 2022
The South Carolina Governor’s School for Science + Mathematics will be offering Priority and Final application deadlines for the Fall 2022 Residential Program to allow our applicants to have the opportunity to put together the strongest and best application possible. Rolling Admissions will only offered if we have not filled all available seats for the upcoming class. We highly encourage students to take part in the Priority Application Deadline by February 15, 2022 (online application and all checklist items completed) to receive an admissions decision by Friday, March 25, 2022. The earlier you apply the more seats available for a possible seat in the Class of 2024!
- What is the admissions process for a Priority Applicant?
- Applications completed by February 15th will undergo an Admissions Review followed by qualified applicants being invited to take part in “Priority Golden Opportunity Days (virtual event): Saturday, February 26, 2022 (Interviews) and Tuesday, March 1, 2022, or Thursday, March 3, 2022 (Math Admissions Test). Those qualified applicants invited to Priority Golden Opportunity Days will move forward for review by the Admissions Decision Committee and Final Decision Committee.
- What are the advantages of the Priority Application Deadline?
- Receive your decision early!
- The Priority Application pool has more seats available for receiving an offer of admissions!
- What is the Final Application Deadline?
- The final application deadline is the last deadline for application submission for Fall 2022. Applications received by March 8, 2022 (online application and all checklist items completed) will be reviewed after the priority applications. Seat availability will be based on the remaining seats after the priority application review. We encourage you to take advantage of the priority application!
- What is Rolling Admission?
- Rolling admissions will only be offered if we have not filled the available seats for the upcoming class from the priority and final applicant pools. Applications received on or after March 9, 2022, will be considered and reviewed starting in April as they are completed and decisions will go out at the end of each month and will continue rolling admission until all available spaces in the class are filled. After each monthly review, qualified rolling admission applicants will receive an invitation to participate in the “Rolling Golden Opportunity Day” to take part in interviews and the Math Admissions Test. These events will take place as part of the month your application is being reviewed based on when your application was completed during the rolling admissions period. Each rolling review, those qualified applicants will be invited to Priority Golden Opportunity Days will move forward for review by the Admissions Decision Committee and Final Decision Committee.