Jobs & Internships
Posted: 1 year21 months93 weeks657 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The Accountant II manages specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence and requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The Accountant II position will provide support and loan system knowledge to our association customers in processing at risk loan assets as well as loans participated with AgFirst and between our associations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process loan system transactions to properly record the liquidation, acquisition or transfer to high-risk per association direction and record the sale of loans that are participated to AgFirst and other associations.
- Routinely process general ledger entries to automated accounting system to accurately reflect the high–risk assets on the balance sheet and income statement of the association.
- Review daily loan reconcilement reports and process necessary loan system transactions to correct any out of balance situations.
- Provide support and preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to association staff on high-risk loans.
- Interact with external auditors to provide additional information on specific high-risk assets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of three years accounting experience.
- Understand and adheres to GAAP.
- Service oriented with ability to cooperate and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities and can identify/resolve problems independently in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and other customized software.
- Knowledge of bank operations and regulations.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.