Jobs & Internships
Benefits Specialist II
Posted: 2 years33 months142 weeks998 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a growing agriculture lender with over $30 billion in assets, has an exciting opportunity available for a Benefits Specialist II. The Benefits Specialist II completes assigned benefits administration responsibilities. Researches and responds to participant and HR Representative inquiries related to health, HSA, FSA and welfare benefit plans. Serves as coordinator for Bank leaves of absence including the FMLA and assists with disability claims administration. Communicates health and welfare benefit plans and annual enrollment activities. Assists with coordination of Bank wellness activities. Plans and performs specialized assignments and projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience in the administration of employee benefits with emphasis in health and welfare plans and coordination of leaves of absence.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of employee benefits laws and regulations including HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and the Affordable Care Act.
- Ability to understand and to effectively communicate plan provisions, policies, procedures, etc. to a diverse group of people; experience developing in-house communication materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or HR Management (or other related field)
- Professional certification (PHR/SPHR, CBP, etc.)