Jobs & Internships
Commercial Development Program (CDP)
Posted: 5 years72 months312 weeks2186 days ago
Location: Potential rotations in Pittsfield, MA; Huntersville, NC; and Houston, TX
Job Title: Commercial Development Program (CDP)
SABIC, founded in 1976, is the 2nd largest global diversified chemical company, and the 88th largest public company in the world. We have 33,000 employees in over 40 countries.
At SABIC, we attract world-class diverse talent, and develop their leadership and technical skills. Every day our people redefine the plastics industry with their passion, creativity and innovation to create breakthrough solutions that enable safer, more environmentally responsible products.
Aligning with our strategy of achieving commercial excellence and driving organic growth, we are developing a pipeline of strong technical sales leaders at SABIC through the Commercial Development Program (CDP). CDP members are offered a core curriculum that fosters the development of commercial skills and technical operations by providing the opportunity to learn about our products, industry and customers while making valuable contributions to the ongoing success of SABIC.
SABIC employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in offering a competitive salary and benefits package, reward & recognition, and personal / professional development that provide promotional opportunities.
The Commercial Development Program develops technical sales skills through a core curriculum during participants’ six month rotations through four functional areas of our business.
CDP members are offered:
· a core curriculum that fosters the development of commercial skills and technical operations, such as learning about the products and industry while also contributing to the company’s success in high impact projects.
· exposure to various parts of the commercial organization including supply chain, customer service, digital marketing, polymer processing development, field sales and engineering sales
· Six Sigma Green Belt and LEAN certification along with extensive training opportunities to extend their technical and business knowledge.
The Commercial Development Program is designed to successfully integrate sales with other key business processes. Possible job rotations may include: Supply Chain, Pricing, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Polymer Processing & Development, or Digital Marketing. Possible job locations may include: Pittsfield, MA, Huntersville, NC, and Houston, TX.
This combined experience positions CDP members for accelerated career growth within our organization. This program is a great opportunity to learn about the organization, network and gain a strong understanding of our functions, processes and systems.
All assignments will have key business drivers and incorporate technical aspects intended to foster technical sales growth.
· Minimum of a four-year technical degree from an accredited college or university in Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics Engineering or related engineering degree. Other engineering and non-engineering degrees will be considered if you have 3 + years of technical sales experience and you desire to move into the Plastics industry; 3.0/4.0 GPA required
· Strong analytics and problem solving ability
· Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
· Strong Presentation Skills
· Demonstrated project management experience and ability to manage multiple priorities
· Team player
· Ability to work across multiple functional groups and at various levels
· Unrestricted authorization to work in the US (please see below for clarification)
1+ years experience in sales or marketing, including direct customer interface
1+ years experience in the plastics industry
Prior internship, co-op, or research experience in engineering or technical sales
Competitive drive and determination
Leader and Motivator
Selling and Influencing
Ability to build trust and rapport
This is a rotational program; candidates must be willing to. This position requires 100% mobility to move 1-2 times in the first 2 yrs.
- You must submit your resume via CDPRecruiting@sabic.com to be considered.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
For U.S. employment opportunities, SABIC Innovative Plastics hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. SABIC will require proof of work authorization prior to employment.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
If you are interested in this position, please email Meg@scgssm.org for more information.