Jobs & Internships
Conflicts & Intake Specialist
Posted: 3 years47 months203 weeks1423 days ago
Company/Organization: Career Services Center
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Contact Renee Williamson - firstname.lastname@example.org - for more information and to apply.
Summary of Position:
The Conflicts & Intake Specialist is responsible for review of all incoming new business for potential conflict of interest according to firm policy, liability insurance guidelines and rules of ethics and professional conduct. Will conduct basic and complex conflict searches and analyze results with the appropriate internal and external resources. Provides customer service to practice assistants and attorneys. Work schedule will be 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM to provide support to our West Coast offices.
• Review incoming business for potential conflict of interest according to firm policy, liability insurance guidelines and rules of ethics and professional conduct.
• Responsible for preparation of conflicts search results, including analysis and evaluation of results and preparation of summary report to the requesting attorney.
• Identify potential issues, escalate as needed, and produce a concise and complete summary report of findings.
• Conduct various types of conflict search requests for 40+ offices by searching our firm database and outside resources.
• Review parties included on New Business Intake form to ensure submitted matter does not already exist in our database.
• Confirm the accuracy of entity names and identify dba, aka, fka, correct spellings, abbreviations, and related companies.
• Review legal documents provided by attorneys and legal staff.
• Provide relevant information for team members to add to appropriate systems.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, developments and new technologies impacting the department.
• Participate in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assist with various projects and initiatives, assist with various database cleanup projects, and assume additional responsibilities as requested.
• Additional duties may include: creation and maintenance of ethical walls, understanding the related systems and all related functionality, generate and distribute various system reports.
• 2+ years of law firm experience in a Conflicts or equivalent position utilizing a similar skillset required.
• Paralegal certification / degree from accredited college or university preferred.
• Strong critical thinking skills to evaluate conflicts scenarios or outcomes.
• Excellent research, analytical and reasoning skills; understand how data interrelates and be able to follow logical progression of process.
• Knowledge of what constitutes a conflict of interest, whether ethical or business, general understanding of the laws of professional responsibility.
• Experience with litigation.
• Adaptable to changes in procedures or direction given by management.
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines without compromising accuracy and completeness of information.
• Ability to multi-task; be detail oriented and accurate while responding to requests.
• Ability to conduct research using multiple databases and generate reports.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficient in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and a Document Management System.
• Able to become proficient in understanding and utilization of the firm’s conflicts database.