Posted: 51 years630 months2702 weeks18920 days ago
Progressive manufacturing and wholesale distribution company located in the Pee Dee area of SC has an immediate opening for a corporate controller position. The position reports directly to the CFO. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, matching 401(k) and company paid life and disability plans.
This position will manage/supervise the day to day operations of the accounting department to include: accounts payable, accounts receivable/billings, general ledger, fixed assets, payroll and facilitate the period closing activities. Serves as the key steward of the internal control environment and ensures compliance with all established policies, rules, regulations, and agreements. Ensures that department processes and procedures are appropriately documented and followed. Demonstrates knowledge of financial accounting systems, business processes and reporting tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct accounting staff.
- Prepare timely and accurate consolidated financial statements
- Overview of the monthly close process and ensuring that close deadlines are met; standardize and streamline the close process
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of staff, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and effective results
- Foster strong internal control and compliance environment within the business.
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Reconcile and analyze account balances and recommend corrective action.
- Coordinate the implementation of new accounting processes.
- Coordinate the provision of and work with external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Public as well as private accounting experience preferred
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting
- Minimum of three years accounting supervisory experience required.
- High level of proficiency with Excel.
- Highly detail oriented and strong organizational skills are a must
- Must have the ability to effectively lead and motivate. Must be able to interact well, lead, and coach staff at all levels. Position is expected to further develop the skills, knowledge, and abilities of the Accounting & Finance Staff.
- Must have an inherent ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization.
- Ability to present and communicate ideas effectively both verbally and in writing, especially to non-financial audiences.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate financial data in the solution of management and accounting problems.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to reorganize priorities and respond quickly to issues.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Must be proactive, self-driven, and have the ability to resolve problems.
- Strong leadership and bi-directional communication skills.
- Ability to review, interpret, and explain financial data.
If you are interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter to Meg@scgssm.org