Jobs & Internships
Credit Reviewer II
Posted: 2 years24 months106 weeks743 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located on Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
The Credit Reviewer II requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or "politics" for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing asset validations and special reviews on associations and OFIs (other financial institutions).
- Assists in preparing and presenting reports.
- Scope of reviews includes loan classification, credit administration, official loans (SOC compliance), FCA loan type designations and other areas pertinent to the GFA and perceived risk.
- Handles analysis of more complex loans within the review sample
- Ensure proper planning, staffing, coordination, documentation and timely reporting of reviews when designated as Lead Reviewer.
- Contributes to special projects such as development, testing, implementation and training of department software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of job experience in banking/finance/lending.
- Minimum of 2 years of asset validation/loan review experience required.
- Thorough understanding of GAAP accounting, financial analysis, collateral valuation and loan structuring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively work with ACA’s, Capital Market Officers, Relationship Managers, and other Bank Employees in a team environment to achieve AgFirst goals.
- Capable of working independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in use of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, AgriGate, AgDocs, ACBS, CRM and other Bank and District systems.
- Willingness and ability (driver’s license) to travel out of town occasionally.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.