Posted: 1 year19 months82 weeks575 days ago
Company/Organization: GSSM Foundation
Location: Columbia, SC
The Development Coordinator is an energetic, hardworking professional committed to the advancement of the SC Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics (GSSM). Responsibilities include grant writing and management, gift processing and acknowledgement, and direct mail coordination. This position reports to the Executive Director and supports the donor relations and gift administration staff activities of the GSSM Foundation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Grant Writing (65%)
- Strategically researches, identifies, and pursues foundation, corporation, and government grant opportunities for sponsorship and programming support for the Governor’s School for Science & Mathematics.
- Works collaboratively with school faculty, staff, and administration to understand programming needs and how the Foundation can support new initiatives.
- Proactively manages submission timelines for both grant funding and donor reporting.
- Gift Processing and Acknowledgement (25%)
- Assist Director of Advancement Services with the comprehensive management of donor database, including data input, accuracy, and maintenance.
- Process all gifts received by GSSM Foundation in a timely manner.
- Generate gift acknowledgement letters, receipts, and pledge reminders.
- Maintain copies of donor files in accordance with GSSM Foundation policies and procedures.
- Direct Mail and Administrative Assistance (10%)
- Manage coding of appeals, solicitations, and stewardship mailings and emails through Raiser’s Edge, including mailing list creation.
- Coordinate production and mailing logistics of all solicitations and stewardship mailings and emails as directed by Director of Donor Relations.
- Provide general support to development staff during peak periods and special events.
Technical, education, and professional knowledge and ability required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated professional success working for a nonprofit organization, including grantwriting experience. Superior creative writing skills may be substituted in lieu of grants experience.
- Ability to write for wide audiences including foundation, donor, and broader general constituencies.
- Extensive experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and independently.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.