Posted: 51 years630 months2703 weeks18923 days ago
BoomTown is looking for a DevOps Manager with a passion for cloud computing, infrastructure as code, and maintaining highly available web applications. The DevOps Manager will lead a mission-critical Operations team in Charleston, SC. The Operations team strives to ensure that other engineering teams have the infrastructure they need to develop, test, and ship code with ease.
The DevOps Manager is responsible for the deployment and support of systems within BoomTown’s development, QA, and production environments. Duties include monitoring systems, identifying and resolving operational issues, and research, development, deployment and maintenance of production tools.
- Manage and mentor Operations Engineers by providing direction, developmental opportunities, and performance feedback.
- Establish performance goals for the team and perform annual reviews.
- Lead efforts to identify and build out necessary development, QA, staging, and production environments.
- Define, provision, and manage Amazon cloud resources.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with servers, hardware, applications, and software.
- Partner with developers to provide operational environment expertise.
- Be responsible for sections of a highly performant, stable, and scalable environment.
- Actively monitor system operations to maintain good system health, including application/system up time and remote diagnostics.
- Ensure that Client Services and other internal BoomTown teams receive timely support for escalated issues.
- Proven leadership experience, having managed or lead teams of engineers.
- Hands-on Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience, including configuration, troubleshooting, and software installation.
- Understanding of AWS EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, Glacier, Lambda, et al.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience configuring and supporting SaaS environments, provisioning and decommissioning resources.
- The ability to independently research solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to document complex technical solutions.
We’d be impressed if you had:
- Experience with SQL (especially MS SQL Server), No SQL, Redshift, Cassandra.
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker).
- Experience with DNS, Load Balancing (F5, HAProxy), AWS ELB.
- Knowledge of one or more hypervisors (VMware ESX, Xen, HyperV, etc.).
- Strong scripting language skills (BASH, Python etc.).
- Experience with automation and continuous integration.
- Experience working in a highly available production environment.
What does BoomTown do, you ask?
BoomTown has been ranked on the Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies list for the past three years (2011, 2012, 2013). BoomTown is a fast growing web-based software company specializing in an end-to-end web marketing solution for real estate. Our flagship product is used by top-producing real estate brokers and teams across the country. BoomTown enjoys success by combining nimble management, a top-notch technical team, and unequaled customer service. We are extremely passionate about our platform, as well as our relationships among our team and with our partner clients.
Life at BoomTown
Our philosophy can be summed up fairly succinctly - we create powerful, yet simple software that drive our clients’ business outcomes. We’re truly passionate about our clients; and we’re focused on designing innovative solutions for their complex needs that make a difference in their lives. Simply put, we work hard to create inspired solutions that people love to use.
BoomTown offers you:
- Growth potential and ability to lead change.
- Company leadership that believes in flexibility, freedom, and innovation.
- Challenging, motivating, fun and dog-friendly work environment.
- Company culture that is guided by our core values that thrives on passion and innovation.
- Agile product management methodologies with minimal process overhead.
- Life in Charleston, SC…one of the best cities in America!
If you are interested in this position, please send cover letter and resume to Meg (firstname.lastname@example.org)