Director of Facilities - Residential
Posted: 51 years630 months2703 weeks18921 days ago
GSSM seeks an exceptional individual to manage our multi-faceted facilities, responsible for ensuring the campus buildings, systems and grounds support the programmatic goals of GSSM. This includes residential (dormitory), academic, athletics and student services. Focus is on ensuring quality and functionality, providing for maintenance, security, improvements and safety of a 211,000 sq. ft. campus and grounds. Target start date is August 1, 2015.
- Supervise/implement maintenance of building and grounds, manage internal staff and contractual work
- Produce and use short and long-term facility management plans and reporting with data
- Provide direct maintenance & repair as efficiently as possible with 24/7 availability
- Manage Public Safety on-campus
- Coordinate facility improvements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, computer skills
- Strong background in maintenance, plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, construction
- Demonstrated success in managing a large facility
- Engineering or related degree desired, and/or appropriate combination of certification and experience
This is a full-time State of S.C. position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience, credentials and unique qualifications. GSSM is an advanced residential high school with statewide outreach programs.