Jobs & Internships
Posted: 3 years43 months187 weeks1311 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank is seeking a Law Clerk. AgFirst, located in downtown Columbia, SC, is a growing agricultural lender with over $30 billion in assets. The objective of our internships is to allow students to apply academic course work in a hands-on-practical experience.
Responsibilities: The Law Clerk will work within the legal department of the AgFirst Farm Credit Bank under supervision of bank attorneys on various corporate legal matters, as assigned. Assignments may include: legal research, document review, assisting with development, review and organization of corporate policy and procedures, maintaining files, preparing legal analysis and memorandum, and other legal matters. The intern will also interface with other Bank departments and staff, including, corporate records, information technology, and lending.
- Completion of first year law school with an acceptable GPA
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in legal research and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
This is a paid internship, mid-May to mid-August.