Jobs & Internships
Lead Application Programmer
Posted: 2 years26 months112 weeks787 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Lead Application Programmer/Developer.
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines. A key aspect of the job includes the ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. Problem solving is focused on proven systems and technologies and established organizational relationships. This job allows for autonomy and independence, and is primarily self-reliant. In general, this is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
Duties and Responsibilites:
- Perform a variety of programming assignments by using AgFirst standard development tools and methodologies.
- Build and maintain systems that meet stringent quality attributes such as performance and reliability.
- Actively participate in analyzing functional requirements, identify inaccuracies and inconsistencies.
- Develop analysis diagrams such as use cases, flow diagrams etc. to document and communicate analysis results or issues to the project team.
- Use Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio, VSTS, SQL manager for software development.
- Help maintain existing systems in production by analyzing performance and taking action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with manager and business owner.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being stored and processed.
- Evaluate interrelationships between application components and ensure no unintended changes are introduced in to the system.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate Degree in Computer Science, data processing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Application development.
- 4+ years of experience in .NET.
- Proficient with Microsoft Visual Basic 6 and VB.NET.
- T-SQL programming skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to troubleshoot software application issues by making programming changes and modification to configuration.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in order to respond to support production software systems.
- Understanding or experience with financial applications
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.