Jobs & Internships
Lead Business Analyst
Posted: 3 years45 months193 weeks1354 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Lead Business Analyst.
The focus of this job is on achieving accurate and timely results that support established organizational standards. Drive, determination, and taking responsibility for assuring company policies and procedures are correctly followed are necessary qualities for successful job performance. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. Careful, critical analysis of new ideas or innovations is important to assure any changes align with and support established practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and supporting new or existing products, processes and systems.
- Provides business analyst skills in the practical application of AgFirst services.
- Primary responsibilities include gathering and developing business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, business rules, process flows and test plans to ensure that routine maintenance and fixes, as well as enhancements generated by business requirements (legislation, policy changes, etc.) are accomplished efficiently and effectively.
- Provides ongoing production support for systems. Devises techniques for improved processes, workflows and productivity through new development, standardization, simplification, redesign or other procedural changes. Provides training to Customers on changes made to these systems.
- Should have experience with project management and typical SDLC processes and make sound judgement decisions based on this experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Financial or related technical discipline.
- Six to eight years of experience in areas of Business Analyst and SDLC documentation preparation.
- Strong customer service orientation; desire to embrace technology as a means of improving service. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, users, technical experts, and all levels of management.
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated abilities to establish priorities, self-directed and take initiative, work under time pressures and exercises sound business judgment.
- Familiarity with PC hardware and software (Microsoft Windows environments).
- Strong communications skills. Strong analytical skills. Ability to combine tasks to test effectively and efficiently. Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Familiarity with process modeling and designing to-be processes with customers
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.