Jobs & Internships
Lead System Administrator
Posted: 3 years46 months199 weeks1393 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future.
AgFirst is seeking a Lead System Administrator.
The position serves as a lead administrator on all assigned AgFirst systems and all supporting systems. Also, it provides technical expertise for systems administration to ensure availability and performance requirements are met. In general, this is a valued expert expected to deliver high quality, accurate results, while efficiently maintaining and enhancing existing organizational systems and standards.
A key aspect of the job includes the ongoing identification of technical problems and the development of sound, carefully thought-out solutions. Because of the expertise developed in this position, it is necessary to regularly initiate and communicate viewpoints on problems and opportunities in a factual, straightforward manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technology related degree or equivalent work experience
- 6-8 years’ experience as administrator or system technician
- Technical knowledge of Windows operating systems, Active Directory, System Center and Microsoft Exchange. Linux knowledge is a plus.
- Strength in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience
- Strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results
- Meet and exceed high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines.
- Thoughtful, persevering, self-discipline approach to achieving accurate, detailed work is essential.
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.