Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Posted: 2 weeks17 days ago
The Marketing Communications Coordinator at the South Carolina Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics (GSSM) is an energetic, hardworking professional committed to the school’s mission and its advancement. Responsibilities include supporting the marketing team in the execution of the school’s integrated media strategies for all programs. This position reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
This position is based at GSSM’s facilities in Hartsville. On a day to day basis, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will:
- Support the marketing team with planning, executing, and tracking campaigns.
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and collateral
- Photograph and video school events, including travel events and off-campus locations, for promotion, evaluation, and archival purposes.
- Assist with the writing and distribution of traditional press releases about school and student achievements.
- Assist with creating an engaging presence on the school’s social media outlets and website.
- Manage the school’s digital signage system and upload new content regularly.
- Ensure that information published across platforms is timely, consistent, and reliable.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, inquisitive, creative, and appreciates being part of a highly qualified and motivated team. Specifically, we seek someone with:
- Exceptional and persuasive written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
- Hands-on knowledge of photography, video, and associated editing and publishing practice.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality and the ability to protect sensitive personal information.
- A bachelor’s degree in a supportive field.
- Ability to work in a school setting.
- Experience in higher, or secondary education institutions.
- Knowledge of tools like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
GSSM is mission-driven to bring excellent, advanced, STEM education within reach of every South Carolina family. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will join a highly qualified team of professionals committed to making that happen.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are able to contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community, which we consider indispensable to our future growth and success. Applicants are encouraged to address how they might assist GSSM in this way by discussing it in their cover letter.
If you would like be considered for this opportunity, please complete the Employment Application form linked here (pdf) and return with your CV or résumé, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Communication Coordinator” in the subject line.
GSSM is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are being accepted now.