Posted: 51 years624 months2676 weeks18737 days ago
Responsible for the development and execution of strategic marketing plans to support the division's business plan. Provide direction and recommendations based on factual data relating to products, advertising, markets, pricing, strategic planning, acquisitions, etc.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Broad responsibility and leadership for all division marketing, sales and customer service functions. Supervise division sales and marketing team.
1. Meet division's profitable growth goals
2. Act as a liaison between the division and the field
3. Establish realistic goals to capture market share in targeted markets
4. Establish time line and goals for achieving the marketing plan
5. Identifies technology, growth trends, global competitive factors and forecasts in market segments. Identifies and develops new products and opportunities for existing products to meet targeted growth plans in conjunction with engineering and operations
6. Coordinates development and implementation of product commercialization, including promotional programs, training programs for field and inside sales and distribution networks
7. Creates marketing programs and evaluates market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising policy, and product packaging and formullation to ensure the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
8. Communicates with customers and develops strategies and programs to satisy both internal and customer requirements
9. Recommends changes in basic structure and organization of marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and provide the flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing opportunities
10. Manages, trains and develops team members and evaluates work performance. Applies performance management and leadership techniques to assure positive employee relations
11. Responsible for managing department budgets to ensure that objectives are achieved
- Bachelors degree in business or engineering is required. MBA is preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in sales, marketing, or technical field requiring frequent customer interaction; 3 to 5 years of the above experience in supervision of professional sales people
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and written/verbal communication skills. Strong leadership and team building skills.
- PC literate (MS office and lotus notes preferred)
- Domestic and foreign travel as needed
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accomodatoins so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and responsibilites. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please contact Meg Senn, Alumni Relations and Career Services Manager. When emailing, please include a copy of your resume as an attachment.