Jobs & Internships
Posted: 4 years50 months215 weeks1509 days ago
Company/Organization: Career Services Center
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Contact Renee Williamson - email@example.com - for more information and to apply.
Summary of Position:
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for key payroll functions. Plans and processes a variety of multi-state and multi-national payroll cycles so that attorneys and staff in all 51 offices are paid accurately. Processes payroll data, such as hours worked, taxes, appropriate deductions, and appropriate withholdings from timesheets and other records. Reports to the Global Payroll Manager, also works closely with Payroll & Tax Specialist and the Accounting Department.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
• Calculates and processes assigned bi-weekly, semi-monthly and/or monthly domestic and international payroll cycles.
• Calculates and processes manual checks and supplemental payroll cycles as needed.
• Verifies and processes new hires, employee changes and terminations, employee transfers and promotions.
• Analyzes payrolls for accuracy, reconciles errors and maintains payroll records.
• Prepares and issues paychecks and direct deposit advices.
• Works with Human Resources team members to ensure accurate deductions of benefit premiums and contributions.
• Records changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee.
• Working with Payroll & Tax Specialist and a third-party tax administrator, ensures proper calculation, reporting and funding of tax payments to Federal and multiple State and Local entities.
• Assists with the preparation of W-2s for year-end.
• Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
• Plays key role in annual salary increase processes.
• Responds to inquiries from Office Administrators, staff employees and attorneys in timely, professional, and confidential manner.
• Supports the annual open enrollment process as necessary to ensure accurate posting of new deductions resulting from new benefit elections.
• Reviews, audits and maintains various employee benefit accruals such as PTO and/or Sick Time.
• May reconcile list bills from group benefits providers and remit payments.
• May handle withholdings and payment reconciliation for liens and judgments related to such matters as childcare support, tax liens, etc.
• 4+ years of experience with a multi-state payroll.
• Prior exposure to international payroll is a plus.
• College degree preferred.
• Strong problem-solving skills and good judgment to resolve routine compensation issues.
• Proven ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional and appropriate manner.
• Ability to meet extremely high standards of accuracy and consistency.
• Experience with UltiPro payroll system preferred.
• Basic accounting experience and experience in a professional services organization is a plus.
• Banking experience as it relates to Positive Pay and working with NACHA files preferred.
• Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• High level of responsibility and independent initiative.
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and math skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities at the same time, and able to maintain confidential records in a structured, consistent manner.
• Takes initiative and is dependable.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Able to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Is a cooperative and supportive team member.