Professional Intern Marketing Project Manager
Posted: 51 years621 months2664 weeks18651 days ago
Manage multiple marketing projects simultaneously to ensure timely, accurate and on budget completion. Maintain a fast-paced work style, multi-tasking and sustaining a high-level of communication. Enthusiastic about advertising and marketing, trends in the industry and idea generation.
Essential Job Duties:
• Knowledge of annual planning processes with the ability to understand the relationship from strategy to execution
• Oversee execution of marketing plans that may include activities similar to year-long promotions, ads, direct mail, collateral, websites, electronic marketing campaigns and various other marketing projects
• Knowledge of marketing/advertising workflow processes and project lifecycles
• Ability to self-manage and interact successfully with individuals and teams across functions with the flexibility to adapt to changing objectives
• Astute attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong ability for personal interaction and persuasion
• Possess proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Project Management software, and various internet web browsers
• Ability to recognize potential problems and solve them as they arise
• Help to support and cultivate relationships with internal clients, peers, creative teams and outside suppliers
• Maintain consistent corporate image throughout all marketing projects
• Review, edit and proofread all assigned projects for accuracy and detail
• Must be flexible and adaptable
• Open to tackling new challenges head-on
• Other duties as assigned
Behaviors & Attributes:
• Energy Level – Excels in a fast paced environment. Enjoys working under pressure and strict deadlines.
• Assertiveness – Very comfortable making decisions and taking the role of leader. Does not hesitate or procrastinate in making decisions that may have a negative reception by others.
• Sociability – Interacts wells with others and places value on teamwork and collaboration. Involves others in work and decisions.
• Manageability – Follows established guidelines and policies. Accepts feedback and direction. Ability to think outside the box and develop alternative methods and processes but able to work within the processes established by others.
• Attitude – Keeps a positive attitude about change, conflict, and challenging relationships.
• Decisiveness – Typically makes decisions without procrastination and generally does not waver or back down once a decision is made.
• Accommodating – Friendly and co-operative but does not avoid conflict or confrontation.
• Independence –Ability to work within established guidelines but is comfortable working with limited supervision, making decisions, and handling new situations.
• Objective Judgment – Strives to balance intuition and fact when making decisions and judgments.
• Direct supervision from assigned Marketing Account Team Manager.
• Frequent interaction with additional Managers and Directors.
• Occasional interaction with VP of Worldwide Marketing
• Presentation skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
• Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
• Ability to travel 10-20% of the time
• Ability to lift 10-30 pounds.
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please contact Meg Senn, Alumni Relations and Career Services Manager. When emailing, please include a copy of your resume as an attachment.