Professional Intern Technical Support Analyst
Posted: 52 years637 months2732 weeks19129 days ago
This position provides technical expertise to internal and external customers in the form of pre- and post-sales technical support (via telephone, e-mail, web and other channels) on specified technologies; produces documentation; tests products; provides or performs demonstrations of equipment or software as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
• Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, and e-mail requests for assistance from users seeking information about or experiencing problems with hardware and software from specified technologies; interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error; determines whether problem is caused by hardware or software; handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine and complex problems; logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation; calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
• Provides demonstrations of hardware and/or software as needed; consults with customers to recommend solutions and/or configuration changes; installs hardware, software, and peripheral equipment to duplicate customer problems; performs product testing; produces documentation for internal and external use; attends training.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support Engineers receive supervision commensurate with knowledge, experience, and initiative. Supervision may include technical advice, coaching on interpersonal interaction, or instruction in broad policies and quality standards. The goal of supervision is to develop the engineer to the point that he requires decreasing supervision and is able increasingly to make independent decisions.
• The Support Analyst has daily personal contact with co-workers and immediate management; daily phone contact with customers and vendors; occasional contact with executive management.
• Customer service experience, both in person and over the phone.
• Ability to speak English plainly and to be easily understood over the phone.
• Ability to understand spoken English, both technical and colloquial.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Experience with IP networks and networking
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
• Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for this position.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please contact Meg Senn, Alumni Relations and Career Services Manager. When emailing, please include a copy of your resume as an attachment.