Jobs & Internships
Posted: 3 years40 months174 weeks1222 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank, a growing agriculture lender with over $30 billion in assets, has an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager. The Project Manager (PM) provides project and solution design leadership by leveraging a technically focused base of previous experiences.The PM is responsible for planning, leading, and delivering complex Information Technology projects on time, within budget, and with high quality. Leads a group of cross-functional resources to meet clearly defined system objectives. Communicates clearly and concisely to team and management using excellent communication. Focuses on customer service while building cross-team working relationships. The PM also continually builds knowledge and skills, influences others and leads by example and manages competing demands by displaying excellent organizational skills.
- Provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient data related technical solutions.
- Leads the development of strategic plans for projects of high business complexity.
- Works with cross-functional resources to develop and gain approval for high level delivery plans of various sized software development projects based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
- Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule.
- Monitors and reports all project risks and issues; leads mitigation and resolution efforts to limit risks; escalates as needed.
- Facilitates status meetings, which may include Scrum meetings.
- Assists in establishing, enabling, and improving project management and software development methodologies, procedures, and policies.
- Coaches and mentor’s individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration or related field
- Has foundational experience in a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer, or quality expert (previous development experience preferred).
- Understands, can participate in, and lead solutions design.
- Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills (Scrum certification desired).
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as agile based tools like Visual Studio Online (TFS).
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and seeks to understand causes/effects.
- Able to work on multiple projects of priority in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to remain calm in pressure situations and adapt quickly to change.
- 3 – 5 years leading the delivery of projects.
- 3 – 5 years of project leadership.
- 3 – 5 years using SDLC or development methodologies within frameworks like Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, Kanban).
- System and/or Business Analysis experience preferred
- Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) experience preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Preferred
- Process improvement experience preferred
- Banking experience preferred