Jobs & Internships
Senior Business Analyst
Posted: 3 years45 months194 weeks1360 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Senior Business Analyst.
This department provides services and support for the Optimist credit analysis system to AgFirst District Associations and the Bank and is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the credit analysis system are accurate, performing, and meet the needs of its users. Analyst is responsible for the development of project requirements, testing, deployment, and training to ensure that business needs, regulatory requirements and accounting policy changes are met with maintenance and enhancement releases, collaborating with the relevant business and technical departments. Works with the vendor regarding change requests and approval.
The focus of this job is on achieving accurate and timely results that support established organizational standards. Drive, determination, and taking responsibility for assuring company policies and procedures are correctly followed are necessary qualities for successful job performance. The job environment is structured and job expectations are well defined, supported by job training and on the job experience. While the pace of the work is faster than average, the timeliness and quality of results is never compromised. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. The nature of the work requires quick decision-making, based on knowledge of pertinent information and an intention to reduce risk factors as much as possible. Careful, critical analysis of new ideas or innovations is important to assure any changes align with and support established practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with cross-functional teams throughout the Bank to successfully integrate credit analysis functions in the Lending Lifecycle Initiative and execute on business objectives.
- Execute on the vision for the strategic direction of credit analysis business capabilities by working with key Bank and Association stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Part of a team responsible for supporting the credit analysis business capabilities and assisting Product Owner in refinement of the product backlog. Part of the team that provides functional support and deliver system enhancements to meet business needs and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical system support, expertise and issue resolution for operational or other system problems and exception inquiries for credit analysis business capabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related technical discipline
- Five to ten years’ experience in a combination of banking operations, lending and business analysis.
- Understanding of credit analysis business capabilities and software applications
- Effective communication (oral and written), organizational and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Project development and management skills gained through experience of implementation of software projects is preferred.
- Experience in agile methodology
EOE, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.