Jobs & Internships
Senior Loan Closer
Posted: 2 years34 months148 weeks1036 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking a Senior Loan Closer.
This individual will be responsible for ensuring closing documents are appropriate and accurate as required by investors to affect salability, insurability and enforceability of Correspondent Lending products. Review original recorded security instruments and final title policies to ensure the correctness, completeness and AgFirst Farm Credit Banks lien position is secure.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
- Reviews underwriter’s approval to ensure all closing conditions are met.
- Prepares closing packages to include legal documents to ensure guidelines and regulations are met, as well as investor and state requirements. Requests missing documents, completes closing documents, and guarantees a smooth closing.
- Review title insurance binders to ensure lien position and all exceptions meet lender requirements.
- Prepares and sends loan-closing instructions to settlement agents (attorneys and title companies).
- Prepare and review closing disclosure for compliance with underwriting and RESPA.
- Answers customers’ inquiries, loan terms, and other miscellaneous information.
- Assist with the revisions and updates to desktop procedures, maintain and monitor Collateral File
- Prepare reports as needed.
- Sarbanes Oxley controls are met.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience closing Fannie Mae loans as well as knowledge of loan programs and products of other investors.
- Ability to work in a fast pace and deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-up skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.