Senior Software Engineer
Posted: 51 years627 months2690 weeks18831 days ago
Due to BoomTown’s ridiculous growth over the past few years, we are looking to add several great senior engineers, from enterprise to hackers, to our motivated team in historical Charleston, SC. Our teams are instrumental in researching and implementing new ideas, solutions, technologies, and development processes.
Our technology stack is diverse and flexible and we are looking to fill senior positions in all areas:
- Middle tier web services, API’s, and distributed systems
- Core data and infrastructure development with MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Python and Couchbase
- Internal systems and tooling in various technologies
What you’ll do:
- Write elegant code you can be proud of that will drive change and provide technical leadership
- Suggest and implement new appropriate technologies often!
Provide architectural and technical innovation
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Design in the planning stages of solution design.
- Break down high-level problems and requirements in to actionable work for each of the team members.
- Serve as a quality gate to ensure solutions aren’t over-engineered, poorly executed, and that they have solved the problems outlined.
Coach and grow teams
- Ensure team members are engaged and happy in the work they are doing and take an active role in growing the team and interviewing candidates for great fits on the overall development team.
- Coordinate across team disciplines to ensure the best solution is built, tested, and shipped and that team members are accountable for delivering commitments.
- Coordinate frequent syncs with the team to keep everyone on the same page.
BoomTown strives to create amazing experiences in everything that we do, for our customers and our employees. In an ever changing technological environment, compounded by the shifting landscapes of the real estate industry, we embrace and drive the change necessary to stay fresh, fun, and formidable.
Our small, autonomous, multi-disciplinary teams work closely and rapidly to build and deploy solutions. We are seeking leaders of technology who desire to teach others and grow in their craft, and leaders of people who can clearly communicate and who can balance business objectives, product quality, and speed. If you are a proven leader, looking for opportunities in an energetic, engaged team, we definitely want to talk to you!
What BoomTown offers you:
- Life in Charleston, Conde Nast’s “#1 City in the United States”
- A work hard play hard environment, oh and we love dogs!
- Health benefits and 401k
- MAC or PC if you fancy
- Relocation assistance, we know a few real estate agents
- Bragging rights: One of Inc 500’s fastest growing software companies, for the third year in a row and voted by Outside Magazine’ as one of the best places to work!
To learn more about this employment opportunity, visit the BoomTown website.
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity, please contact Meg Senn, Alumni Relations and Career Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-252-9152.
When emailing, please include a copy of your resume as an attachment.