Student Success Coordinator
Posted: 2 weeks15 days ago
Company/Organization: SC Governor's School for Science & Mathematics
Location: Hartsville, South Carolina
GSSM is seeking a talented and motivated person to help students’ success in a fast-paced, challenging academic environment. The Student Success Coordinator works with students, teachers, and the Director of the Center for Academic Success to understand student needs, develop personal success strategies, assist students with their success plans, and assist with programs provide by the Center for Academic Success.
On a day to day basis, the Student Success Coordinator will:
- Work with students, individually and in groups, to develop specific skills to advance their academic progress.
- Supervise QUEST sessions (Quiet, Uninterrupted, Extended, Study Time)
- Assist with Junior Academic Success seminars
- Assist with the development and implementation of summer academic support programs.
- Develop programs that support students’ academic success
- Work with Athletic Department staff to assist student-athletes.
- Assist with exams and tests proctoring
- Communicate academic progress with parents as needed
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, inquisitive, creative, and appreciates being part of a highly qualified and motivated team. Specifically, we seek someone with:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree. A major in education or a STEM field is beneficial.
- Teaching, or experience in an education field is beneficial.
- Ability to work in a school is a must.
- The willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends to accommodate special events, programs, and shift coverage.
Additional skills that are helpful:
- Tutoring, coaching, or experience with athletics, residence life, or academic are all helpful to this position.
- Strong organizational and time management skills since the ability to model and discuss these skills with students is often key to their success.
- The ability and desire to work with highly talented and motivated teenagers are traits necessary for success in this position.
This is a full-time, 10-month, professional position with a comprehensive benefits program. The start date for this position is immediate, dependent upon the selected candidate’s availability.
GSSM is mission-driven to bring excellence and advanced STEM experiences within reach of every South Carolina family. The Student Success Coordinator will join a dedicated team of professionals working together to make that happen.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are able to contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community, which we consider indispensable to our future growth and success. Applicants are encouraged to address how they might assist GSSM in this way by discussing it in their cover letter.
If you would like be considered for this opportunity, please complete the GSSM/SC State Employment Application form linked here (pdf) and return with your CV or résumé, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability in admission, participation, or employment in its programs and activities. GSSM is actively committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas of its living, learning, and working community.
Applications are being accepted now.