Systems Analyst / Data Engineer / Programmer
Posted: 51 years630 months2703 weeks18927 days ago
We're looking for someone with a PHP/MySQL/Python background to help us continue to build out our back-end data collection and storage systems. We are a small group, so you would be working closely with the founders (first under their supervision, and thereafter independently) to maintain and improve our data storage. As performance merits, the role would expand into creating front-end tools, taking ownership of parts of the firm's system infrastructure, and performing data analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, optimize, and maintain import scripts to gather and store voluminous data
- Take charge of diagnosing and repairing scripts
- Assist with creation and improvement of in-house data visualization and retrieval
- Desire to work with hundreds of millions of rows of data
- Experience and comfort using Python or PHP (focus on back-end processes)
- Experience and comfort using MySQL is required
- Willingness to follow our code precedents, conventions, and documentation standards
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2 & RDS) is a plus
- Experience with Python and it's statistical packages is a plus
- Experience working with Linux and basic scripting is a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send resume and cover letter to Meg at firstname.lastname@example.org.