Jobs & Internships
Posted: 3 years40 months174 weeks1220 days ago
Company/Organization: AgFirst Farm Credit Bank
Location: Columbia, SC
AgFirst Farm Credit Bank provides financing, as well as a range of technology and other services, to a network of agricultural lenders in the United States and Puerto Rico. Located in a high-tech high-rise on a revitalized Main Street in Columbia, S.C., AgFirst is committed to providing a comfortable, inclusive work environment. We believe in investing in our employees so they can help lead our $30 billion company into the future. AgFirst is seeking an Underwriting Assistant.
This individual will be responsible for assisting the Underwriters and Sr. Underwriter in the daily underwriting functions of the department. This individual is also responsible for having a general knowledge of products offered by AgFirst. Will assist in handling administrative duties as needed on a daily basis.
The focus of this job is on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work output is essential requiring patience and a willingness to handle and complete one task at a time. This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management and a stable work environment, can deliver quality work on a consistent basis.
- Will verify the file is in the proper stacking
- Review the DU finding requirements and underwriting disposition
- Provide notification to the correspondent as necessary
- Collect data and organize reports for underwriting department
- Purge Inactive Loans from the pipeline
- Maintain the Denied/Withdrawn Log on a monthly basis and return original packages to the correspondents upon request
- Order tax transcripts and any additional task as necessary
- At least 2 years of administrative work experience
- Strong understanding of personal computer software as related to mortgage operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Strong MS Excel skills