Sent on behalf of Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential, Mr. Danny Dorsel:
Dear GSSM Community,
Please find below some updates for this week.
COVID-19 testing, cases and contract tracing
- All test results were negative for the rotational testing completed on Wednesday, April 28.
- All test results from the week of April 19 were negative as well.
- Next week, we will test another one-third of the student body on Wednesday, May 5.
Reminders of safety precautions
- All COVID 19 protocols, as well as conditions and community standards, are to be observed during Interim, which include wearing of masks and contact tracing tags, social distancing, and completing the REACH Survey. It is our desire that all students remain in residence through Interim. Please help us and each other so no one has to leave the residency.
- Any potential modifications to protocols, curfew, and walking boundaries will be communicated by Campus Life after the weekend.
- Please continue to wash your hands.
- A reminder that AP Exams will be administered on campus May 3 - 17 and virtually at home May 18 - June 11.
- Mr. Sintich and Mrs. Coker are sending out specialized information, reminders, and instructions to students based on their exam administration periods.
- Please remember to check your AP Exam messages from Mr. Sintich and Mrs. Coker and please follow all instructions provided.
- Graduation tickets will be mailed to families of seniors next week. Please let Dr. Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you do not receive them by April 30.
Intent to Continue Forms
- Junior families whose students plan to return to GSSM for their senior year need to turn in their Intent to Continue GSSM School Year 2021-22 if they have not already done so. The forms were due April 19. The final deadline to reserve your student's place at GSSM is Monday, May 17. The form can be found on the student GSSM portal. Please contact Mrs. Carabo (email@example.com) if you have questions.
Academic Award Ceremony
- The Academic Awards Ceremony will begin at 4:00 pm on Monday, May 17.
- The event will be held in the gym for students in residence and can be viewed via LiveStream for those not on campus.
I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.
Mr. Danny Dorsel
Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential
SC Governor's School for Science + Mathematics