Sent on behalf of Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential, Mr. Danny Dorsel:
Dear GSSM Community,
Please find below some updates for this week.
COVID-19 testing, cases and contract tracing
- There were two positives cases this week. Our quarantine protocol for those students and their close contacts has begun. We appreciate their cooperation and that of their families.
- Next week we will begin the rotational, surveillance testing for the student body.
Reminders of safety precautions
- Please continue to complete the REACH survey Monday through Friday.
- Great job on wearing masks and contact tracing tags – keep it up!!
- Curfew time reminder
- Students may sign out of the building beginning at 7:00 a.m. each morning unless otherwise communicated. Campus curfew will be 7:00 p.m. every evening. The only exceptions will be activities sponsored by Campus Life or another approved school entity. Building curfew will be 8:00 p.m. on the weeknights and 9:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- To specify, students must be on campus by 7:00 p.m. and inside by 8:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 9:00 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- Upgrades to the wifi in the residence halls have resulted in much better connectivity and performance.
- We are pleased that students are responding to our request that they not use wifi hotspots or other interfering devices.
AP exam update
- All GSSM students were provided a form on Wednesday, April 7 to let Mr. Sintich know which AP exams they intend to take.
- For residential students, forms need to be returned to the box in your hallway by Friday, April 9.
- For virtual students, forms need to be returned by email to Ms. Susan Coker by Friday, April 9.
- Students who have a change in their residency status need to let Mr. Sintich know as it may affect the way they take their AP exams this year.
I hope everyone has a great and refreshing weekend.
Mr. Danny Dorsel
Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential
SC Governor's School for Science + Mathematics