Sent on behalf of Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential, Mr. Danny Dorsel:
Dear GSSM Community,
Please find below some updates for this week.
COVID-19 testing, cases and contract tracing
- The one remaining inconclusive test from last week was determined to be negative.
- There were no positives cases this week.
Reminders of safety precautions
- Students planning to return to the residence halls on April 5 should self-quarantine at home. The expectations for self-quarantining at home were included in the Spring Semester 2021 Return-to-Residency Plan you received on November 20, 2020 (https://www.scgssm.org/sites/default/files/return_to_residency_plan_bot_2021.pdf)
- The self-quarantine period should occur starting on Monday, March 22.
- Prepare to return healthy
- At least two weeks before residence halls open, students will be asked to take extra care to follow physical distancing guidelines (6-feet apart) within their home. This will include refraining from unnecessary travel outside the home, limiting visitation from non-family members, and complying with all CDC guidelines.
2nd Residency Period
- All students and families must complete the release by Monday, March 22, 2021.
Monday, March 22 – Friday, April 2
- Classes resume with all students remaining virtual and self-quarantining at home if they plan to return to residency.
Monday, April 5
- No classes on this day.
- Students returning to residency should return to campus no later than 6:00 PM.
Tuesday, April 6
- Classes resume in their hybrid mode.
I hope everyone has a great and refreshing weekend.
Mr. Danny Dorsel
Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential
SC Governor's School for Science + Mathematics