|Sent on behalf of Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential, Mr. Danny Dorsel:
Dear GSSM Community,
Please find below some updates for this week.
COVID-19 testing, cases and contract tracing
- There were no positive cases this week.
- If you received the vaccine, you will need to provide our Student Health Services with a copy of your vaccination record.
- If your vaccination card is on record and you are fully vaccinated (2 weeks after final shot), you will not be considered a close contact and will not be required to return home for 14 days of quarantine.
Reminders of safety precautions
- Students returning to the residence halls:
- Should continue to self-quarantine at home
- Can turn in a negative COVID-19 test dated March 31 or later and it can be rapid or PCR
- The REACH survey for students at home is now available. I highly suggest that you start completing the REACH survey by 10:30 AM each morning this coming week to get into or back into the habit of doing it.
- Make sure you are committed to following our community standards and safety precautions, especially in regards to mask and tag wearing and social distancing, so that you can remain on campus.
2nd Residency Period
- Students and families should have received an email yesterday from your RLC regarding the 2nd residency period.
- Students that plan to return later than April 5th because they are waiting to receive their 2nd vaccination shot need to contact Dr. Thomas, email@example.com, and Nurse Patti, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible.
- Improvements to the wifi in residence halls is nearing completion, with new access points in roughly every 3rd room on each floor. We hope that this investment make it easier for student-owned devices to connect and get the best performance.
- Remember that hotspots and misconfigured wifi printers will slow things down, so do not use them in the residence halls for any reason.
- Once on campus, if you experience connectivity challenges, please contact the GSSM IT department, email@example.com.
- You should have received an email yesterday from Dr. Matt Martin with graduation information.
- You should have received an email from Dr. Matt Martin about interim course fees.
- Most courses don't have fees. For those that do, fees are due 4/16 and can be paid by check or online. Some interim courses with fees aren't currently listed on our payment portal. We're working with the state to update it. All courses should be on the payment portal by 4/3.
Monday, April 5
- No classes on this day.
- Students returning to residency should return to campus no later than 6:00 PM.
Tuesday, April 6
- Classes resume in their hybrid mode following a Monday class and lab schedule.
I hope everyone has a great and refreshing weekend.
Mr. Danny Dorsel
Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential
SC Governor's School for Science + Mathematics