Sent on behalf of Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential, Mr. Danny Dorsel:
Dear GSSM Community,
Please find below some updates for this week.
COVID-19 testing, cases and contract tracing
- There were 2 positive tests from the all student body testing on Monday, May 17. Our quarantine protocol for these students and their close contacts began immediately. We appreciate their cooperation and that of their families.
- We want to once again thank MUSC for their invaluable partnership this year. I also want to thank Ms. Gibson, Mrs. Carabo and our Health Services staff for all they did to allow the testing to operate smoothly.
- Electronic copies will be emailed today.
AP exam update
- Online AP exams are still underway. Please make sure to look for emails from Mr. Sintich about your exam. If you have any questions or have not downloaded the testing platform, please contact Mr. Sintich immediately.
- Interim concluded on Wednesday. It was great!
End of year move out
- Saturday, May 22: All graduates must move out by 2:00 pm on this day. Graduation will begin at 10:00 am and conclude before noon. Please refer to information sent from Dr. Thomas about how to proceed on this day.
- Graduation is Saturday at 10:00 am on the GSSM soccer field.
- Seniors should have their tickets.
- Seating begins at 9:15 am.
- Please park in front of the school or if that's full, across Railroad Ave. in Coker's parking lots.
- Graduation will be livestreamed on the GSSM YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM_4gjrCx-y0qBwJeaLgrkw.
- Please let Dr. Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions.
Intent to Continue Forms
- The online Intent to Continue form was due on Monday, May 17. If you have not completed it, please contact Mrs. Heather Carabo (email@example.com) immediately to ensure that you have a spot in the senior class next year.
Thank you all for a great year and for allowing us to serve you and your student.
Mr. Danny Dorsel
Interim President / Senior Vice President for Residential
SC Governor's School for Science + Mathematics