Great 2016 Fall sports seasons for our Eagle Teams!
- Boys Cross Country won the Region Championship.
- Gregory Tavarez placed 4th for our Region at the State meet and was named Region runner of the year.
- Girls Tennis- undefeated in Region play. Grace Berrigan was named South Carolina Coaches Association of Women's Sports Class A tennis player of the year.
- Swimming- Tesla Waters earned a Bronze medal at the State meet. Madelaine Tedrick and Elise Pyon also qualified for and competed at the State final.
- Volleyball – Region Champions, Upper State Champions, 2nd place at the State Champiomships. Ms Amber Hazzard and Ms Tessa Ortiz named to the all state team, Ms Hazzard was also named Region player of the year.
- Region Coach of the year awarded to Coach Mike Rhodes for XC and Coach Hillary Pratt for Volleyball.
November 8, 2016:
Congratulations to our Volleyball team as they have earned the title of South Carolina Upper State Champions! They will compete in the South Carolina State Championship game this Saturday, 11/12 at 10:30am, at Dutch Fork High School, where they will be competing against last year’s State runner-ups, Branchville.
Please join me in congratulating Coach Pratt and her team as they have made program history and are looking to take it a step further!
October 18, 2016:
Yesterday, the Lady Eagles’ Volleyball defeated McBee in a 3-0 sweep!
Eagle swimmers excelled at State championships: Tesla Waters, Maddie Tedrick and Elise Pyon. All represented our school exceptionally well. Tesla earned 3rd in State in the 50 m Free style and 4th in the 100m back stroke. Great job ladies!
Tonight, our Lady Eagles tennis will meet Cheraw in a home match at 5pm and Eagle Cross Country travels to Great Falls for the Region Championship.
Our Teams continue to compete and win across the State, GO EAGLES!
On October 24, we will host Hannah Pamplico in a volleyball match. This is also Senior night for our ladies.
October 13, 2016:
Current and Rescheduled Fall Events
September 26, 2016:
Ready to meet our teams? Check out these quick stats about GSSM's Athletics.
Coach: Hilary Pratt (3rd season)
Wins over Darlington, Chesterfield, Emmanuel, and Lewisville
7 games left in the regular season
Coach: Mike Rhodes
Assistant Coach: Lisa Foster
Both the boys and girls have competed very well in the 3 meets they have had, never placing below 3rd place overall against their competition.
2 regular season meets left
Coach: Ross Meinhold
The swim team has 11 members this year, all continuing to compete well and post personal best times in the 3 meets they have had so far.
In their most recent meet, the girls placed 3rd, and the boys placed 6th.
They have 1 more meet before the Region Championship on October 1st.
Coach: Lee Freeman
3 regular season matches remaining
The team continues to dominate their opponents, only losing 1 set in 3 matches.
September 20, 2016:
Ladies Tennis advances to 3 and 0 with another victory this evening great job coach Freeman and lady Eagles they played the match under strength due to girls being ill, again lots of heart out on the hard court.
Volleyball won a region match and advanced to 6 and 2, our girls and Coach Pratt did a great job, and they beat the bus problems.
Coach Rhodes and our cross country team gave a strong showing, we are waiting for the official results but our Eagles did a fine job again. Some of them will run in the Pee Dee Classic Saturday.
Coach Meinhold, and our swimmers turned in another fine performance and like XC we await the final official results, but our team cut the water like sharks once again.
Roughly 50 athletes left GSSM this evening, and 20 more practiced at our house, they represent our school and values very very well and show our competition that our kids can play on any court or field and compete and win.