Testing at GSSM
PSAT: Administered in October to all juniors
ACT & SAT:
- State-sponsored tests for the ACT and SAT are offered each spring on campus. Juniors can choose which test to take, but cannot take both.The state of South Carolina pays the test fees for the state-sponsored tests.
- Nationally scheduled tests on Saturdays: Juniors and seniors can register for the ACT and/or SAT on national test dates. Residential students are provided complimentary transportation to designated locations for each test.
- Test prep is available through individualized practice sessions with faculty, access to test prep guidebooks and free test prep through Khan Academy for the SAT, and ACT Academy for the ACT.
- SAT Test Dates
- SAT Registration
- SAT Customer Service: 866.756.7346
- ACT Test Dates
- ACT Registration
- ACT Information: 319.337.1270
Advanced Placement (AP) Exams:
- Advanced Placement exams offer students the opportunity to earn college credit and/or advanced standing for scores earned on exams. AP exam fees are paid for by the State of South Carolina for students enrolled in the AP course. The Office of College Counseling and Advising strongly recommends GSSM students take the AP exams each May for courses taken at GSSM.
- College Board AP Exams Overview
**In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, hundreds of colleges and universities have become test-optional or test-blind. A full list of test-optional colleges can be found on Fairtest.org. Seniors are strongly encouraged to work with their college counselor to determine if they should retake the ACT or SAT, and if/where to send their scores for admission.
GSSM’s School Code for the SAT and ACT is 410997