GSSM juniors have the opportunity to learn more about their Aptitudes (what they do naturally well), Interests (what they love to do) and Career Opportunities through the YouScience assessment as one of their first tasks in College Planning Seminar I. The YouScience program is fully integrated in Scoir, GSSM's college search and application platform for students and parents. We believe this valuable information will assist our students with their college search, applications and career planning. Learn more about YouScience.
Here’s what students get:
- PERSONALIZED Strong-Fit / Good-Fit MATCHES to 500+ CAREERS through YouScience’s proprietary matching algorithm.
- IN-DEPTH INFORMATION on each career including a day-in-the-life, core job tasks, salaries, and educational requirements.
- Comprehensive INSIGHTS on how YOUR natural ABILITIES impact your work, school, and social life, and tips for improving your performance.
- Self-advocacy LANGUAGE designed to communicate your UNIQUE ABILITIES on resumes, job interviews, applications, or college essays.
- Online access to your results for the next 10 years.