Join us on campus and experience GSSM first hand!
Get an up close and personal look at GSSM by attending Preview Day on our Hartsville campus. Prospective students and parents will meet faculty, staff and students, take part in a series of informational panels and participate in student-guided campus tours.
A week prior to Preview Day, a detailed agenda and directions to the GSSM campus will be emailed to all confirmed registrants.
Preview days for 2018 are November 17 and December 8.
Shadow Days are an opportunity for prospective students to visit GSSM during the academic week. We are able to offer Shadow Days to students who have completed, or will complete, the student portion of the application by February 1, 2019.
Shadow Days will take place between October 1 and December 12.
Tips for Shadow Days
- Please arrive between 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. to sign in and meet your host.
- Bring $5.25 for lunch in our dining hall.
- Parents are invited to spend a few hours getting to know the community of Hartsville and surrounding Darlington County. Campus tours will be given at 1 p.m., and Shadow Day will conclude following the tour.
- GSSM follows typical school holiday breaks for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but does not always coincide with all school districts. Please call the GSSM Office of Admissions at least a week in advance to schedule a visit.
- Visits are not scheduled during final exams or AP testing.
- While visiting our campus, please be respectful of our students and our school policies.
- You may bring a cell phone with you, but it must be silenced during classes.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the gym area.
- All visiting students must remain with their assigned host at all times.
- Take your time getting to know GSSM! You are welcome to stay until 2 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact our Office of Admissions at 843-383-3944 or email@example.com.
Can't make it to campus?
e-Govie Talks are a way for potential students and their families to learn about GSSM from their home computer, tablet, or phone. As a participant, you'll be able to ask live questions to the Admissions Staff, participate in online polls, and more. Students and their families will learn about the application requirements for the Residential, Virtual, and Summer programs, as well as the application process timeline and tips to be a competitive applicant.
Tuesday, November 13, at 7 p.m.