Experience GSSM firsthand!
Govie Talk information sessions in locations around the state are opportunities to hear from the admissions office and current students about the application process and life at GSSM.
Shadow Days are an opportunity for prospective students to visit GSSM during the academic week. We are able to offer Shadow Days to students who have completed, or will complete, the student portion of the application by March 1, 2019.
Shadow Days are now being scheduled through March!
Tips for Shadow Days
- Please arrive between 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. to sign in and meet your host.
- Bring $5.25 for lunch in our dining hall.
- Parents are invited to spend a few hours getting to know the community of Hartsville and surrounding Darlington County. Campus tours will be given at 1 p.m., and Shadow Day will conclude following the tour.
- GSSM follows typical school holiday breaks for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but does not always coincide with all school districts. Please call the GSSM Office of Admissions at least a week in advance to schedule a visit.
- Visits are not scheduled during final exams or AP testing.
- While visiting our campus, please be respectful of our students and our school policies.
- You may bring a cell phone with you, but it must be silenced during classes.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the gym area.
- All visiting students must remain with their assigned host at all times.
- Take your time getting to know GSSM! You are welcome to stay until 2 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact our Office of Admissions at 843-383-3944 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
e-Govie Talks are a way for potential students and their families to learn about GSSM from their home computer, tablet, or phone. As a participant, you'll be able to ask live questions to the Admissions Staff, participate in online polls, and more. Students and their families will learn about the application requirements for the Residential, Virtual, and Summer programs, as well as the application process timeline and tips to be a competitive applicant.
e-Govie Talks will resume in Fall 2019.
Get an up close and personal look at GSSM by attending Preview Day on our Hartsville campus. Prospective students and parents will meet faculty, staff and students, take part in a series of informational panels and participate in student-guided campus tours.
Preview Days will resume in Fall 2019.