GSSM parents established PAC to support the school and its students’ lives and education; it also serves as a supportive community for parents, connecting us with one another and our shared experiences. Every parent and guardian is automatically a member of this organization. PAC’s operating budget comes from a $100 contribution requested from each family at the beginning of the school year. The money is used to provide resources for extracurricular activities and events, all which make our children’s school year more memorable.
Although there is only one face-to-face PAC meeting, on Parents' Day in early fall, our subcommittees work throughout the school year to support students both from a distance and on campus.
Parents are encouraged to step up at any time to help a subcommittee with an event or activity. The principle is simple: the more GSSM parents contribute their time and talents through the PAC, the more exciting and productive our school year we will be!
Working with the Director of Campus Life, this subcommittee helps enhance students’ experiences by supporting programs such as:
- Winter Formal
- Graduation Reception
- Monthly student goody bags
Working with the Vice President for Academic Affairs, this subcommittee helps coordinate and enhance academic activities such as:
- Parents (and Friends) Seminar in January
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Faculty and Staff Appreciation Luncheon at end of school year
Working with our Athletic Director, this subcommittee supports our athletic teams and involves parents by:
- Becoming a Team Parent
- Providing snacks and/or meals for athletes
- Assisting with Awards Reception at the end of each season
Working with our Director of Admissions, this subcommittee is involved in helping potential students learn about GSSM by:
- Attending and assisting with regional GSSM events in your area
- Promoting GSSM in your area by sharing materials with high schools and middle schools
Working with our GSSM Foundation staff, this subcommittee raises awareness of GSSM statewide to enhance the school’s public image. The subcommittee’s parents also serve as GSSM ambassadors in an effort to seek ongoing support for GSSM, its students, faculty and programs by:
- Participating in grass roots PR including media relations, public speaking, promotional materials
- Communicating with members of the General Assembly to encourage their support of the school
- Host and attend VIP events, visits and meetings