As GSSM's class of 2013 heads off to college next year, many wonder how 100% of the student body manages to complete college and scholarship applications without their parent's constant support. The answer: GSSM's Guidance Department! Learn how they do it!
Seven Reasons to Consider GSSM
1. GSSM is one of the best STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) high schools in the country.
2. GSSM is committed to regular communication and partnership with parents.
3. GSSM offers college-level and graduate-level learning opportunities that align with your child’s intellectual capabilities, like mentored research in a working lab.
4. Your child will make friends here that are a positive influence on their academic career—all of our students are smart and interested in learning.
5. GSSM has all of the resources you’d expect at a traditional high school, plus additional benefits like personal college admissions counselors.
6. GSSM boasts a 10:1 student—teacher ratio and world-class faculty.
7. GSSM doesn’t charge a dime for tuition – the only required fees are $2,000 annually, which goes directly to help offset the cost of your student’s meal plan, and a refundable damage deposit ($100). We offer financial aid for families with financial hardships so no student will denied entry due to inability to pay these fees.
What’s the benefit of a residential high school?
Living on campus is one of the most celebrated and exciting parts of the GSSM experience. Residential life requires GSSM students to develop tolerance, self-discipline, responsibility and cooperation skills—traits that benefit them in college, in their careers and in their relationships later in life. Learn More About Residence Life
GSSM is dedicated to providing students with everything they need to succeed, both academically and personally, in their new home away from home. Because your child is entering the independence stage two years early, GSSM collaborates with you to ensure appropriate and regular communication. Please call us if you have concerns and know that we will keep you informed and updated on your child’s progress. You can keep up with important dates by visiting GSSM's academic calendar. GSSM prepares gifted high school junior and seniors to succeed in their academic careers and in the high-tech, high-wage jobs of the future.
All of our faculty hold master’s degrees, and an impressive 80% hold doctorate degrees. Our 24/7 learning environment means that teachers are available to work with students outside of designated class times, often inviting students to come by their offices for help with course material. Our faculty is committed to the academic success of our students, and they welcome hearing from parents!
Residence Life Staff
Residence Life Coordinators are always present on our campus. These professionals, along with Resident Assistants, live in the residence hall with our students and are available to you and your children 24 hours a day.
When it’s time to apply for college, students (and parents!) are often overwhelmed with choices and befuddled by paperwork. GSSM helps every student develop an individual college plan. Our guidance counselors help students navigate everything from applications to financial aid.
Security officers keep students safe round the clock. GSSM's keycard swipe system ensures that only residents are allowed in the building after 5 p.m. Security officers are trained in emergency procedures for fires, tornadoes, power outages and medical concerns.
Our Department of Health Services, managed by our School Nurse, is available to evaluate and treat minor illnesses and diseases. Referrals to local medical providers are made in concert with parents when appropriate.
GSSM provides on-site counseling services where students can see a licensed mental health professional in a convenient, comfortable and confidential setting.