We're Even Better in Person...
You can learn a lot from a website, but the best way to learn GSSM is to come and see it for yourself. Here are a couple of ways you can get a feel for what your future may be like.
For the health and safety of all; we ask that you reschedule your visit if you are sick or showing any symptoms of a cold or flu.
Get up-close and personal with GSSM during Preview Day.
You and your family will meet teachers, staff, students, and parents of current students who will show you what it means to be a Govie! You'll tour the campus, see a residential suite, and get answers to all the questions you can think of.
Space is limited, so sign up early!
Shadow Days offer prospective students a chance to jump right into a day in the life of GSSM as the guest of a Govie. You'll go to classes with your host, experience dining hall cuisine, meet teachers, and hang out with lots of students who call GSSM home.
Shadow Days are available once you have completed, or will soon complete, the student portion of the application.
- Tips for a Great Shadow Day
- Plan to arrive on campus between 8:30 - 8:45 a.m. so you'll have time to check in.
- Parents are encouraged to experience downtown Hartsville while their student is in class. Just be back in time for the campus tour that starts at 1 p.m. for everyone.
- GSSM follows typical school holiday breaks for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but can differ from school districts schedules. It's a good idea to call the Office of Admissions a week in advance with any questions related to your pending visit.
- You are welcome to stay on campus until 2 p.m., so take your time getting to know GSSM!