Cara Fertitta Roberts, Ph.D.
Education and Research
- Research: community ecology, ecosystem ecology, agroecology, bioenergy, environmental impact assessment, ecological modeling
- Ph.D., Plant Biology, University of California Riverside
- B.S., Biology, University of South Carolina
- AP Biology
- AP Environmental Science
- Research in Restoration Ecology
- Interim: Ecosystems of California & Hawaii
Awards, Honors, and Achievements
- GAAN Fellow
- GRMP Fellow
- Magellan Scholar
- Born to Lead Award recipient
- Summa Cum Laude from UCR and Magna Cum Laude from USC Honors
Clubs and Societies
- Environment Club
- GirlUP Club
Joined GSSM in 2018
A RESTORATION ECOLOGY PROJECT
In this first iteration of this course, students are initiating a research project that is planned to span across multiple years. We are excited to help restore this little plot of land next to the Joslin Education Center at Kalmia Gardens, which we’ve named “Deen’s Garden”. This is the first year of the GSSM research class restoration ecology. Our team is collecting data that will allow us to quantify the current biodiversity of Deen’s Garden so we can develop an effective restoration strategy. We will also use this data to track how diversity changes throughout our restoration project.
Check out our Journey here!