GSSM Students Excelled at the 2022 FBLA State Leadership Conference
April 6, 2022
On Saturday, March 26, the 2022 Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) State Leadership Conference was held at Westwood High School in Blythewood, SC. Nine GSSM students competed and were led by juniors President Hir Panchal, Vice President Sherry Kong, and Secretary Jorga Jersek. Out of the nine students that competed, seven qualified to compete at FBLA Nationals in Chicago from June 29 through July 2.
FBLA prepares students to become community-minded business leaders through career-specific preparation and generates leadership experiences. It is the most prominent business career and technical student organization globally. FBLA mentors over 230,000 students to prepare for a business career each year.
The results of the conference are:
· Jorja Jersek placed first in Hospitality & Event Management
· Lauren Hattan placed first in International Business
· Jack Jackson placed first in Journalism
· Jessica Hu placed second in Graphic Design
· Hir Panchal placed second in Marketing
· Mritika Senthil placed second in Sales Presentation
· James Hammond placed third in Sports & Entertainment Management
· Sherry Kong placed fifth in Personal Finance
· Justin Yang placed fifth in Economics
On top of an outstanding performance at the FBLA State Leadership Conference, Sherry Kong was elected State Vice President for District 3.
"I am so proud of these GSSM Future Business Leaders of America students,” said Beth Dinndorf, Executive Director of GSSM’s Foundation. “They demonstrated their leadership and expertise in a wide variety of industries and business topics through their participation and strong showing at the South Carolina 2022 FBLA State Leadership Conference."
Congratulations to GSSM FBLA State Conference competitors and those who have qualified for FBLA Nationals!