Not Your Typical Virtual Course
Join us this summer for a live, online project-based learning opportunity for rising 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th graders! You'll log in twice a day to interact with your classmates and instructor, and you'll spend some time offline working on self-guided projects. Your instructor will even have virtual "office hours" to help you work through any questions or challenges in real-time! Most of the materials needed for projects will be sent to students in the Summer STEM kit before camp.
Summer 2023 Dates
- 2023 Dates COMING SOON
- Who Is Eligible to Apply to Summer STEM?
Rising 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th graders who have demonstrated scholarship in science and math and desire an academically challenging STEM summer experience.
The application, and course descriptions and schedules will be updated in mid-February.
- Required Equipment & Materials
We supply the teacher, most of the materials, and the know-how. You supply:
- Personal email address (student or parent; must be able to receive outside emails) to access Canvas, our web-based learning platform, and receive all notifications and communications from instructors
- Computer with Internet connection that can handle video conferencing using Zoom
- Headset recommended for audio quality, but not required
- Some courses require additional equipment and/or software as indicated in the course description below. Be aware that Chromebooks may not be able to run some software.
- Parent's permission to use the family computer